Delight in fresh artistic cuisine on a romantic setting!
Dining at Cala Luna’s luxurious poolside restaurant is a culinary experience you’ll not encounter elsewhere in Costa Rica.
As you sit in the partially outdoor dining area, you are surrounded by flickering lanterns that reflect in the glass-like pool. You gaze up to the shimmering stars surrounded by palms as you sip chilled wine before your dinner arrives. Soon, you relish in gourmet fare that is often organic, local and sustainable, but certainly doesn’t skimp on flavor, originality or refinement.
Our chef’s focus on elegant and delicious creations delights our guests and local customers alike.
The kitchen team conjures dishes that combine international cuisine with Costa Rican flavors to deliver one-of-a-kind tastes amid an intimate setting.
Breakfast 6:30 - 9:30 am daily
Lunch 11:30-4 pm daily
Dinner 6-9:45 daily
Manuele Senis, Executive Chef
We Believe That “Gourmet” and “Healthy” Belong Together
Our chef, along with the owners of Cala Luna Boutique Hotel & Villas, strongly believes you are what you eat. Hence, eating responsibly and healthily leads to sharper mental function and improved physical health. Hailing from Belgium and Italy, our owners believe that food and wine are intrinsic elements of life, which is why they constantly review our menu and food origins to adhere to stringent criteria for your dining experience
- We strive to only use ingredients produced with a low carbon footprint. Thus, we frequently adapt our menus and use, whenever possible, ingredients grown or produced in Costa Rica. For example, salmon trout sourced from the cloud forest near San Jose instead of Chilean salmon; and cashew nuts instead of almonds.
- Most of the ingredients we use daily are grown in Cala Luna’s own organic vegetable and herb garden, or at one of the two organic farms of Cala Luna’s sister projects.
- Whatever Cala Luna cannot grow itself, we buy from our employees, such as vegetables, fruits, poultry and dairy products produced locally at their homes right here in Guanacaste.
- At all times, we avoid using processed ingredients.
- By not purchasing imported items, we are more familiar with the ingredients that are used, and retain better control over the amount of wasteful packaging and carbon emissions.
We only provide our guests with products that come from earth-friendly, sustainable sources, and practices. That’s why we try to grow as much of our own produce as possible right on the hotel grounds, so we can ensure these fruits of the earth are grown without added chemicals and without creating excess waste. In addition, whatever we can’t grow ourselves, we try to grow on the owner’s property called La Senda (which you can visit on our one-of-a-kind La Senda tour), or at neighboring properties where we know your food is coming from a safe, sustainable source.
Offering an Extensive Selection of Organic Biodynamic Wines
We are proud to be the first hotel and restaurant in Costa Rica to offer an attractive and exclusive, sustainable, organic and biodynamic wine list. This is because we believe that vineyards where grape vines are allowed to access naturally occurring nutrients from the soil rather than synthetic drip-fed fertilizers, are better for the planet’s health, and also better for the health of people who drink their products. Choosing organic wines goes beyond a desire to offer chemical-free wines – this is a move toward wine the way nature intended and reflects the flavors and intricacies of the soil in which it originates.