Wellness in Paradise
Breathe in the fresh air, the sounds of nature, the illuminated sky as the sun sets over the Pacific ocean, just steps away. Exhale your worries, your stress, the pressures you left so far behind. This is the home of purity, of serenity, of reconnecting your body to your mind and your inner peace. The perfect setting for your Costa Rica Wellness vacations!
Yoga and Costa Rica go together
- Our “pura vida” way of life embraces the spirit of each individual and an appreciation for the simple things, the good things on Earth.
- Cala Luna Boutique Hotel & Villas’ open-air yoga studio takes this a step further by truly connecting you with the Earth. Without walls to separate you from nature, it’s the prime setting for a yoga practice you’ll remember forever.
- Whether you take part in a morning flow session or an evening class, our groups are always small. This allows the instructor to give personalized attention to each student to gently correct postures, suggest alternate poses to accommodate for discomfort or injury, or to encourage you to take your practice to the next step. Our yoga classes are always friendly and often include a mix of hotel guests and local residents of Tamarindo.
- During your vacation, Cala Luna’s professionally trained yoga instructors offer morning classes three days a week, to begin your day feeling powerful and renewed. We also offer evening classes to wrap the day up with mindfulness and appreciation for taking good care of your body.
- We welcome you to experience a transformative yoga vacation in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
Holistic TreatmentsUnwind With the Healing Effects of Nature! We offer our guests a one-of-a-kind spa experience with the expertise and caring philosophy of our Wellness Advisors. Take advantage of a wide array of treatments from within our unique outdoor bungalow located right here amid the lush, tropical gardens at Cala Luna, in the beautiful seaside town of Tamarindo. Soothe your senses as the breeze brushes your skin and you hear the leaves rustle overhead from the tranquil bungalow, built with indigenous hardwoods sourced from right here in Costa Rica.
Inspired by the marvelous nature around us, we have carefully crafted a series of wellness offerings to treat your whole self, integrating various healing modalities including assorted forms of massage, Chinese acupressure, Sound Therapy, Japanese Shiatsu, Reiki and therapeutic-grade essential oils.
These richly therapeutic series of treatments combine Swedish and Californian massage, Japanese Shiatsu, Acupressure- the gentlest of traditional Chinese pressure point techniques- and Sound Healing.
We recommend following the sequence as presented or simply choose the WAVE that resonates with your needs.
Therapeutic tension release for the neck, head, shoulders, feet and legs, this rhythmic lavender & mint massage is boosted with a revitalizing Blue Zone Marine Salts and herbs feet and leg scrub.
Therapeutic tension release of the arms, face, shoulders and neck. Includes long flowing strokes, passive stretching, body balancing, interspersed with kneading and massage techniques. This work releases deep sorrows, healing old wounds that act as shields that impede the light within from expanding, unleashing the wings of the heart.
Profound therapeutic release for the entire back of the body. A comprehensive massage of the back, legs and feet. Mint and citric essential oils stimulate the reflex points on the feet, acting on the parasympathetic system to relax the body systems.
Reconnect MassageOur Full body Signature therapy: Revitalize from head to toe with our Signature Massage. After an initial consultation, the therapist will customize a blend of essential oils and therapeutic techniques including Swedish Massage, various Asian massage, and Energy Work stimulating blood circulation, muscle relaxation, and inner peace. This treatment is designed to enhance a sense of Re-connection with the Self.
- 60 minutes – $ 100 p/p
- 90 minutes – $ 150 p/p
- 120 minutes -$ 200 p/p
Holistic Facial:This facial treatment uses soothing rhythmic movements incorporating lifting and anti-aging massage techniques. Powerful therapeutic grade essential oils penetrate deeply to cleanse, nourish and hydrate, leaving your skin fresh and rejuvenated with a youthful glow. By stimulating reflex areas of the face and utilizing traditional Chinese pressure point techniques, our Holistic Facial restores the radiance of the skin to reduce tension in the facial expression while relaxing the whole body. We extend the pampering to include a foot massage while enjoying the benefits of a detoxifying mask.
- 60 minutes – $ 80 p/p
World Largest Labyrinth
While in a maze you get lost and have to find your way out, a labyrinth has only one path which symbolizes our life’s journey and takes us inward, guiding us to find out who we really are. Visit this magical place at La Senda Costa Rica. READ MORE.
Farm-to-Table Dinner at La Senda
Have an exciting walk through the extensive vegetable gardens of La Senda Farm, a sister project of Cala Luna. Learn about our 100% organic cultivating and biodiversity. Have a direct experience of where your food is coming from while enjoying the ingredients at peak freshness and bursting with flavors , all artfully and passionately prepared by our Cala Luna´s Chef.
In peace with Our Planet.
We believe in being a business with environmental ethics. We have made enormous efforts so that the impact of our activities on the environment is positive. Visit our sustainability page to understand more about our commitment to a more sustainable world.
Well-being by Well-Eating
- We strongly believe that you are what you eat. Hence, eating responsibly and healthily leads to sharper mental function and improved physical health. Hailing from Belgium and Italy, our owners believe that food and wine are intrinsic elements of life, which is why they constantly review our menu and food origins to adhere to stringent criteria for your dining experience.
- We strive to only use ingredients produced with a low carbon footprint. Thus, we frequently adapt our menus and use, whenever possible, ingredients grown or produced in Costa Rica. For example, salmon trout sourced from the cloud forest near San Jose instead of Chilean salmon; and cashew nuts instead of almonds.
- Most of the ingredients we use daily are grown in Cala Luna’s own organic vegetable and herb farm La Senda.
- Whatever Cala Luna cannot grow itself, we buy from our employees, such as vegetables, fruits, poultry, and dairy products produced locally at their homes right here in Guanacaste.
- At all times, we avoid using processed ingredients.
- By not purchasing imported items, we are more familiar with the ingredients that are used, and retain better control over the amount of wasteful packaging and carbon emissions.